Wednesday 21 May 2008

Wildlife

Got home this evening and the sun was shining and the temptation to finish my wall was just too much with the result that by 7pm the wall was finished and I'd had a very relaxing hour and a half listening to the birds and completing a project before the weekend rains. We had one good banmk holiday so I'm not holding a grudge.

Despite me thinking that there is no chance of ever getting any wildlife to visit my urban garden 'he' saw a Blackbird yesterday pulling up worms and I saw a bee (more rare than one might think) on the lavender and the sweet peas out the front.

The tomato seedlings are doing ok but seem to be quite limp a lot of the time even with water, I'm pleased I planted more gourds as the ones which are coiming up at the moment don't look healthy. The biggest surprise are the sunflowers which I planted in pots at the front and forgot about - they are doing well and should provide an eyecatching dispal when I plant them behind the japanese cherry in the corner.

No comments: