Sunday 18 May 2008

Gardeners bath time

Got up really early and the sun was shining bright - went back to bed and didn't wake up for a few hours! So once we did wake up then we got hard at it. The garden hasn't held back at all in terms of growing weeds so 'he' had to clear the garden back to be able to work at the top levelling the ground for the (new) shed and I had to clear the bottom near the house and redig my trenches to build a few more courses onto the retaining wall. This is it at the end of the day - the right hand side is now finished - the left hand side has had to be done in two stages - the bit nearest the house is finished and the other side will be finished this week in time for the pergola.

It was hard work, we stopped for lunch at 3 when I ran out of mortar, then I bolted up to Homebase to get some more materials and also a gravel board and post to test the trellis building theory. When I got back 'he' has got almost all of the shed base sides finished (its raised above the path) and the shed area was level ready for the pamments.


The peppers and the tomato seeds have done well, and in fact 8 lucky tomato seeds have now been potted into their own pots. However the gourds which are in the same propagator have not done so well and have gone mouldy so when I was at Homebase I bought a new toy - pictured to the left - follow
these instructions to avoid my mistakes with gourds!


So where did bath time come into it? Well after all that gardening we were quite desperately in need of one!!

No comments: