Thursday 15 May 2008

Beantastic

Its very exciting gowing thing in pots, the beans have sprouted, both the dwarf/green beans which are so pretty see the piccy to the left, and the runners are growing up big and strong. I think these beans are fascinating becuase of the way that the bean stays perfectly formed attached to the stem. I wonder how long it will be before they drop off.



I'm not sure at the moment how to get the beans to not be so leggy, they have to contend with slugs, snails and cats when they get planted out so they need to be big and strong.





This is what my dining table looks like at the moment, we are just waiting for the lemon balm to germinate, although the gourds are doing quite well and we will certainly have plenty of tomato plants! Everyone seeems to be getting in on the growing ones own veg these days - especially since changing jobs most of us have a tomato plant on the and one collegue (who was obviously particularly organised!) has already had lettuces from her veg patch.


I have got home every night this week and carried out debugging on the rosemary and lavender, I'm quite concerned given the fact there seems to always be more than the day before - and trust me they aren't getting out from the pot!

No comments: