Sunday 1 June 2008

Oooooowwwwww

I hurt this morning when I woke up.

I hurt even worse when I got up.

But we only have the skip for the week and so we had to get going, the weather was fantastic with occasional damp light rain and my sister appeared to help out as well. Lil sis dug the ground, 'he' took out the rest of the cement blocks to the skip and laid the slabs for the shed.

I got out my saw and drill and started to make raised beds from stakes and gravel boards for the veg patch and then got the trellis bolted together and we put it in the ground - It was like a barn raising! I might add that this is the edited version with my drill running out of charge twice, me getting stuck under the trellis at one point and the drill bit slipping and it getting stuck in teh wood - all cheerfully taken in my stride - not.

I put the B&Q arch together ( the only one in the world which is 100m) and dug it in - which involved hacksawing off one side as I wasn't about to dig it into cement! We dug in the gravel boards round the veg patch and got the soil evened out although we can still put a lot more in from the other side of the trellis which is supposed to be lower. In the photograph you can see how I haven't finished staining the wood yet, the green beans will grow up this side of the trellis and the sunflowers will grow up the other side - slugs notwithstanding. I have a range of ideas to stop them hopefully......



Oh and the green beans little side beans do drop off - I found them in the soil. The tomatos are doing well but they need to be hardened off and next year i need to start earlier as they are still very small, as are my pepper plants.

No comments: