Sunday 8 June 2008

New levels of dirt

Started out this morning with breakfast in the garden which was lovely, then 'he' got started on shifting soil and I put up net all around the veg patch for snail/slug damage limitation and to stop cats getting at the soil. After I had done that I got the paintbrush out and started to paint the bathroom which is a long job as painting brick seems to take hours and hours.

Lunch majically appeared and it barely touched the sides I was so hungry, I needed a break from the painting and so planted out the green beans, dwarf beans, squash and courgettes in - then i went back to painting. 'he' then went to Edinburgh (nothing I said honestly) to attend a conference and I continued to paint, I stopped briefly to put another wheelbarrow of rubbish in the skip but after finishing the first pot of paint and knowing a second coat was needed I called it a day.

On the painting anyway. When I came back indoors i did the obligatory hoover around the kitchen and the dining room which always get muddy as we come in and out, and noticed that my vine gourds were bolting horizontally. The only thing to do was repot them and stake them carefully to give them the right idea but only after I'd had a bath. Partly because the gourds needed help but also because the runner beans were looking a bit wimpy I mixed up some plant feed (which makes the water go blue - most perkulier) and watered the front garden, the indoor pots and the veg patch. After all of that i had my supper - then it was too dark to take a picture!

No comments: