Tuesday 5 May 2009

Unemployed.

The plug was pulled on my company last Thursday, we were given a few days grace and expected a rescue plan which had been promised but it seems that isn't going to happen for some time if ever and so as of about half past four today I don't have a job.

Three weeks before the wedding.

I got very very stressed about it over the bank holiday and felt very odd about everything, as my little sister will testify to. I think now that I'll put all my energy into the wedding because there are a hell of a lot of things to sort out, and also into the house and garden which now needs to really pay for itself.

All very strange. At least we had rain today and I'm going to be brave and leave the greenhouse roof open tonight to try and harden some of the plants off a bit. Going to plant some beetroot tomorrow, I know its late but reading my Victorian Farm book last night the pickled beetroot recipe looked oh so good!

2 comments:

becslb said...

Hi, just wanted to send you a cyber-{{{hug}}} and let you know that you are not alone... we are going through the whole redundancy senario and dh finishes his job at the end of next week. It is a stressful time :-( Keep concentrating on your veggies - can you quickly squeeze in a sowing of kale, chard and psp - a mix of longterm and quick veggies - before the wedding?


Hope the wedding plans are going well - congratulations!!!

Bird said...

Any more news on the whole going back to work tat yet?
I realise you are getting married on Saturday but you really should update your blog - heh heh heh

Hx